Sunday, July 10, 2016

ITIL Foundation (in IT Service Management)

I recently took the ITIL Foundation exam (version 3), which personally was a challenging feat since I'm not always exposed to the business and management side of IT. I took this exam for two main reasons: first, ITIL cert has NO expiration; and second, I want to gain knowledge of the current "best" practices in IT. For my preparation, I've used the ITIL Foundation Exam Study guide by Gallacher and Morris and CBT nugget videos by Chris Ward. While studying, I booked for the exam in Pearson VUE website and used my Cisco (CSCO) login to create my EXIN account. The EXIN FAQs can be found here.



After passing the exam, an email will be sent after a couple of days to verify your contact info. Your EXIN login will be emailed after confirmation and you can also change the initial password from the portal.



You'll be asked to confirm the preferred name to be written in your cert and mailing address.



The ITIL hard copy cert doesn't come for free. You'll need to order and pay for it but you can optionally download the PDF cert.


Below is what the ITIL Foundation certificate looks like. Employers can verify your cert via the EXIN certificate authentication tool. Just type the last name, certificate number and the module (ITILF).




2 comments:

  1. Hello John,

    Could you please provide the Exam Code for ITIL Foundation Exam.
    ITIL-Foundation----ITIL ® Foundation
    ITSM20F.EN---------IT Service Management Foundation based on ISO/IEC 20000
    ITSM20FB-----------IT Service Management Foundation Bridge based on ISO/IEC 20000

    From the above list Which 1 I should Choose?
    Please advise.

    Mohamed Saleem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    It's the first one: ITIL-Foundation. Look closely on my second screenshot.

    ReplyDelete